Friends of Battle Abbey School
The FOBAS Committee is a group of parents from Nursery, Prep and Senior School; they meet once or twice per term and help organise a variety of events held at Battle Abbey School for parents, staff and friends. The money raised during these events is used to fund items that do not fall under existing educational or facilities budgets and promise to enhance the school experience, helping to improve educational or social outcomes for children in the school.
Recently purchased items include:
For the Senior School
For the Prep School
- Resources for setting up and kitting out the very popular Young Engineers Club who have ongoing plans for a weather station, building a go-kart and a flying drone.
- Team match kits for hockey and football.
- A 3D printer for the ICT department.
- 2 new cameras for the Marketing department.
- A new intercom system and stage blocks for the Drama department.
- Visits from a French theatre company for the MFL department.
- A visiting theatre production for the English department.
- Baking equipment and picnic benches for the Boarding houses.
- Games for the boarders at Westnedge.
- Folios for the Choir.
- Nativity costumes.
- Outdoor toys.
- Commemorative Royal Wedding coins for each child.
- Training for Science Ambassadors.
- An incubator to hatch and raise chicks.
Funds have also been ring-fenced for resources needed for the new Nursery
building and playground areas.
FOBAS meetings for the 2018-19 academic year will be held in the English Room at 7.15pm on the dates below, new parents, Prep School parents and non-FOBAS members are always very welcome to attend:
|Monday 10th September 2018 - first meeting of new academic year
Tuesday 6th November 2018
Monday 7th January 2019
Tuesday 5th March 2019
Thursday 9th May 2019
Wednesday 12th June 2019
The following events have been planned for the 2018-2019 academic year. Former pupils, ex-staff and past parents are most welcome to join current parents and staff at many of the events. For more information, and/or to book your tickets, please visit the EVENTS page.
Curry & Comedy Night
- Saturday 23rd March 2019 - BOOK TICKETS HERE
- Saturday 29th June 2019
You can also help FOBAS raise funds for Battle Abbey School by shopping online via Easyfundraising.org.uk.
All you need to do is register using the link below, and add the relevant apps. There is no extra cost for you, the shopper, and it is easy to use! There are also over 2,500 retailers to choose from including Amazon, M&S, Sainsbury, Tesco, Argos, John Lewis, Waitrose, HMV, Apple, Ebay and many, many more: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/fobas